The Hon'ble Justice Tapan Mukherjee
Time Period:22-Jun-2006 to 19-Sep-2009
Born on September 19, 1947. After doing B.A. (Hons.) did M.A. and thereafter LL.B. in the year 1970. Was enrolled as an Advocate on May 22, 1970 and practised for about six years in the Jangipur Sub-Divisional Court, District Murshidabad, in Civil and Criminal matters from 8.6.1970. Joined WBCS (Judicial) on 7.4.1976. Promoted to WBHJS in 1994 and was first posted as Additional District & Sessions Judge, Asansol, District Burdwan, on 28.12.1994. Thereafter worked as District & Sessions Judge, South Dinajpur District at Balurghat. Called to the Registry of the High Court at Calcutta in July 2001 and ultimately became the Registrar General of High Court at Calcutta on 30.08.2003. Was elevated to the Bench of the High Court at Calcutta as a permanent Judge on June 22, 2006.